Friday, January 18, 2013

New Sprayer Arrived!

I was a pretty eventful week here at the farm. I ended up deciding to get a sprayer bought on Tuesday. I drove about a hour south to look at it, I was pretty happy with how it looked. I priced a few more on the drive home and as I pulled in to the shop drive way I called the guy and ended up getting it bought. I think it will work pretty well for our operation. I look forward to getting to try it out once it gets warmer. We ended up getting the sellers to deliver it for us, so the sprayer showed up Thursday afternoon. I will probably go through it and put all new tips on it, and probably some new hoses. All said and done, I'm really happy with this purchase. Here are some pics of it on the 4630 tractor as we unloaded it. Here is another picture. The sprayer is a Great Plains 3P300. It has a 60' spray boom, and a 300 gallon tank. This alone will let me spray roughly 30 acres a fill. I also have 2-250 tanks that I can put on the tractor making a combined capacity of 800 gallons. This would allow me to spray roughly 80 acres a fill. Thanks for reading. Peter Jarzen

No comments:

Post a Comment