Sunday, October 24, 2010

Harvest has come and gone

Well harvest has come and gone. I learned a lot this year, and I am a little less intimidated of the combine. It actually did not break down at all this year, I just had some trouble getting the head to feed right. This year was a big success. I had really low inputs, and I got above average yield. This was the year to start farming!

Right now I am getting the shredder ready to shred around my field, and then I have 50 acres of CREP to mow. I hope that I can get that done before we get much more rain.

Its time to start thinking about next year. I am increasing my acerage by about 50%, and I will be planting both corn and soybeans.

I have already had my soybean ground for next year strip tilled and I look forward to seeing how well that helps the plants grow and if I can see a yield advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment